Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby broersander » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:15 am

Hello all,

What a great engine.
Does anybody know if there is comming an alpha 8 version?

Kind regards,
Dennis
broersander
Newcomer

Postby kikizing3 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 am

How about a combination key/collectible? Like you have to collect all instances of a collectible to be able to teleport. It sounds possible... :bounce:
kikizing3
Newcomer

Postby Cirka88 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey, first off let me say: Thank you, sooooo much for creating this. I've wanted to create flash games like this since my first year of high school, like 8 years ago. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get my head around anything but very basic action script... I'm just brain dead when it comes to programming, I guess. Anyways, here are a ton of things that come to my mind as possible additions to the Edward engine:

1. hanging ledges - Similar to games like the early PoP or Oddworld, the character would be able to jump to a ledge, hold onto it, and pull themselves up from it.
2. wall jumps - Being able to further a jump by jumping into a wall and then jumping off of it.
3. usable key items - Rather than having a key activate automatically when you reach it's associated door, you would have to find the object and then choose it from an inventory of some sort to use it where it's meant to be used. That way there is more of a puzzle aspect to the game. Which brings us to:
4. Puzzles - Incorporate some mini-game style puzzles such as sliding tile puzzles or having to turn on a certain patern of switches on a grid of switches.
5. Melee and/or Ranged weapons for the player - So that the game can have more of an action feel to it, the player would be able to collect things like swords, or various guns to use on enemy's.

Well, those are just some idea's that came to me when I started playing around with the engine for the first time. Anyways, thanks again for making this. Look forward to my own project showing up in the WIP board soon!
Cirka88
Newcomer

My Request List

Postby Veins » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 am

Hello, This is my first post here, so I will brief and to the point.

Here are somethings I would like to see in the engine:
The most important thing I need is for the Trigger Animations to trigger platforms and keys so that the main character can touch them. (I Will post this in detail to another page)
The following things would be awesome if implemented.
inventory, duck, crawl, run (double tap forward), character shoot projectiles, enemies shoot projectiles, energy and lives, edible animations such as kicks and punches.

PS/ Edward is awesome
Veins
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Edward Topics