Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby TaiMySho3 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:43 am

Runcible sky is the one your selling right?, ill be more than happy to donate some money.
User avatar
TaiMySho3
Power Player
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Cali

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby SophieH » Tue May 05, 2009 11:04 am

actually no... well yes also. I am planning on selling runcible sky, but due to *secret development explanation* and *more secrets* it will take much longer to build than I have time for, so I pulled another project off the shelf I've been wanting to make and it should be finished by the end of summer, which in my terms means it might be finished next summer lol. though I am working on this differently to much of my stuff, normally I get an idea and get coding, but this means sooner or later I hit a 'what next?' point whilst the game isnt finished and these points are the biggest drain on my dev time. on my newer project however I am making the game in its entirity in paper format and then building the game using my plans as a template.

its similar to how I've planned and made edward, the feature list came first and whenever I'm not feeling motivated for something specific I can look at the list and say 'hey I can do that bit today without any hassle' so the project keeps moving forward :)

the big irony is that the game that will take less time than runcible sky is actually going to be an RPG with a big open world, side missions and basic enemy AI (and of course a kickass story, but thats what I'm keeping secret for this :drevil: )

I may be setting myself up for a big slap in the face but I know I'm capable of making such a game so I'll refuse to let the scale beat me. I just need to get a job to cover rent and stuff for the time being then I wont feel I have to rush it at least :D
User avatar
SophieH
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: UK - Europe

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby TaiMySho3 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Sounds really exciting can't wait until your rpg comes out it looks like ill be alot of work but i know you can do it.
User avatar
TaiMySho3
Power Player
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 am
Location: Cali

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby togden » Wed May 13, 2009 1:32 am

Okay, my request is pretty simple. Water!

I imagine you could do swimming pretty easily (climbable surface with a swimming animation, perhaps?), but I would also love it if you could just create a symbol that slows you down when you move through it. That would rule!
togden
Player
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby thatjoshguy » Wed May 13, 2009 5:48 pm

togden wrote:Okay, my request is pretty simple. Water!

I imagine you could do swimming pretty easily (climbable surface with a swimming animation, perhaps?), but I would also love it if you could just create a symbol that slows you down when you move through it. That would rule!



I actually played around with a hack for water. I kind of worked, but I couldn't get it right.

Basically I made an MC that as long as you were touching it the gravety was lower and I think i turned the resistance up so you walked slower. I ran into problems with the effect though, because I couldn't think of a way to slow down falling. Maybe the author could figure something out.
thatjoshguy
Power Player
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby togden » Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 am

thatjoshguy wrote:Basically I made an MC that as long as you were touching it the gravety was lower and I think i turned the resistance up so you walked slower. I ran into problems with the effect though, because I couldn't think of a way to slow down falling. Maybe the author could figure something out.


Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking as well! I just don't have the ActionScript know how to make it work :S

As far as the falling slower bit, I have a few ideas, but they all seem needlessly complex and messy.

Save us, GirlFlash! You're our only hope! :geek:

*EDIT*

Oh oh oh! How about an updraft but remove the reversal of gravity so it only slows your fall. And then it would also decrease gravity and lower speed. Seems to me like all the required code is lurking in Edward already, someone just needs to put it all together :)
togden
Player
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby togden » Sat May 23, 2009 5:06 am

Okay, I'd just like to second the request for triggered animations.

I'd also like to suggest an item that changes things such as gravity, or jump strength, when you touch them. Basically a symbol that changes some of the settings you assign in the Initialization frame. Gravity, jump and speed would be fantastic!

Thanks for all your hard work!
togden
Player
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby austino » Sat May 23, 2009 2:46 pm

togden wrote:Okay, I'd just like to second the request for triggered animations.

I'd also like to suggest an item that changes things such as gravity, or jump strength, when you touch them. Basically a symbol that changes some of the settings you assign in the Initialization frame. Gravity, jump and speed would be fantastic!

Thanks for all your hard work!


The second thing is one of the features I want most as well(right next to enemies).
austino
Player
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby Shounic » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 am

I would like to suggest/request a ladder that can only go up or down. Thanks.
Shounic
Newcomer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 am

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby SophieH » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 am

Shounic wrote:I would like to suggest/request a ladder that can only go up or down. Thanks.


daaayyyym I took them out in the last version :flame:

still the code is there, I guess I can put them back in with the next version, I'll need to check how they behave with the current climbing code though.
User avatar
SophieH
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: UK - Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Edward Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron