Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby Shounic » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 am

Cool

Trying to avoid being annoying, but can you make a platform for skidding and one with no skidding? The game i'm trying to make doesn't have skidding unless on ice. Thanks.
Shounic
Newcomer

Postby bakana » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:12 pm

I'd like to second (or third?) one of the earliest requests by Josh that seems to have fallen by the wayside in discussion. A camera 'bounding box,' or a way to control level scrolling more tightly so that a character can fall off the bottom of the level, or walk off the side of the screen (perhaps through a door to a teleporter taking to the next level, etc.).

This is something that would be very useful, especially in large, world-exploring games where you'd have characters walking through multiple screens of a large space, and not just being teleported by objects to new levels.
bakana
Newcomer

Postby thatjoshguy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:02 pm

okay, so I went through and compiled a list of all the requests so far:
Implemented

• Enemies
  • Pickups - coins, stars, etc.
  • Score
  • Camera Bounds
  • Ladders/climable surfaces
  • Triggered Animations
  • Teleport Delay
  • Ferriswheel movers
  • climbing ledges/ropes (like a ladder only horizontal)
  • falling/disappearing platforms
  • water area
  • variable platform physics (skid/no skid/speed, etc)

Things I'd like to see added/modified:
  • variable health with health bar (a health bar could be easily modified to appear icon-based (think Zelda hearts) by the designer simply by masking the healthbar behind the icon shapes)
  • variable damage on enemies/fryers
  • player injured animation
  • health pickups
  • variable trampoline (instead of three different ones, why not a single one with a strength variable?)
  • Enemy score variable
  • Fryers/trampoline/updraft/water affects enemies (Y or N variable for each on the enemy)
  • LEVEL MUSIC- would be great to have music carry over from level to level until a new music MC is placed (Ex: place music MC in level one. music plays through levels 2 and three. Level four has a new music MC so old music is replaced by new music, etc...)
  • Sounds!
thatjoshguy
Power Player

Postby turrican1024 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Shooting Bullets and Player ducking down would be a bonus ! for a different game genre.

------------
Turrican1024
turrican1024
Newcomer

Postby Danny's » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 pm

I want a moveable Platform :)
So you can push it and stuff :D
And a health bar ! :|
Danny's
Newcomer

Postby babyjun347 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I would love to see melee attacks implemented and possibly a combo system for the attacks.
babyjun347
Newcomer

Postby Greeneyes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:29 pm

This may be too hard, but...

For an adventure game a map would be great. Not sure how you would do it, but it would be cool if it could show you were you are in the 'world'.
Greeneyes
Player

Postby SophieH » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Greeneyes wrote:For an adventure game a map would be great. Not sure how you would do it, but it would be cool if it could show you were you are in the 'world'.

actually I'm not going to add this because its really easy to do anyway, just make a button that displays a map image when the mouse hovers over it. you can have a different instance for each area with a nice 'you are here' in the appropriate spot :)

also I feel I have to shoot these down as I wont be adding them and I dont want to get peoples hopes up:
- melee/combo attacks (tbh you're lucky I even put in a hop'n'bop attack =p)
- movable platforms (it would be a nightmare to code how they interact with all the different platform types, I'd probably have to code some physics... I SUCK at physics =p)
- shooting bullets (just not going to happen, for it to be good it would need big chuncks of the engine to be different)
- water areas (swimming is really hard to blend well with the other stuff, I know from experience and for v1 I'd rather not have to do it again)

to be honest the variable health and damage stuff is something I cant justify not including, although I'd rather not anyway lol, but I know the engine isnt for me alone so you can consider that an incoming feature.

sounds will also be covered, Ill maybe have a controller that sets jump and landing (maybe also bumping) sounds.
music wise I want to have something, but its tricky to do without scripting if I want stuff like fading in and out, but I'll read up on it and see what I come up with, it will probably work out as a 'music' controller on the initialisation frame you drop your audio into, and then different music triggers to drop into the levels themselves.

as for the variable platform physics stuff, I've had a couple of requests now to be able to set seperate friction for when you are on specific platforms, and that should make it into the next version too :)
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby SophieH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 pm

just going to write it here so I dont forget about Darin's suggestion:

-relative position teleports, add it for beta 1

should I use my forum as a notepad? prolly not but at least the feature wont get missed when I'm doing stuff :)
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby baowarrior » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:09 pm

HI i have a few requests!

1. Health bars?
2. Attack Animations?
3.Cutscenes??

THanks =]
baowarrior
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Edward Topics