Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Re: Request List - Keep all requests in this thread!

Postby SophieH » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am

Cutscenes should already be possible, just teleport to a frame that has a movieclip with the cutscene instead of a level movieclip and use the 'Timeline start' part at the end of the cutscene to make the game carry on.

(Alpha 5 was when cutscenes were added, so if you look at the A5 example file it shows you how its done)

... thinking about it it should also be possible to make cutscenes inside messageWindows, and instead of having text you have an animation that fills the screen.

attacks are not something I'm going to add to Edward, at least not before V1 is released. health bars is something highly unlikely also ^_^;
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby Greeneyes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Contact operated movie clips, For example if I walk passed a tree a movie clip will play showing birds flying out of it, would add so much more life and interactability to the games. For adventure and exploration games little features like this would be great!
Greeneyes
Player

Postby austino » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:40 am

Greeneyes wrote:Contact operated movie clips, For example if I walk passed a tree a movie clip will play showing birds flying out of it, would add so much more life and interactability to the games. For adventure and exploration games little features like this would be great!

That's actually already in the files. I can't remember what it's called....Check the wiki's
austino
Player

Postby SophieH » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 pm

austino wrote:
Greeneyes wrote:Contact operated movie clips, For example if I walk passed a tree a movie clip will play showing birds flying out of it, would add so much more life and interactability to the games. For adventure and exploration games little features like this would be great!

That's actually already in the files. I can't remember what it's called....Check the wiki's

yep, the animation part (Level Parts > Unique parts > animation)

its configurable to play an animation different ways, and also set what conditions trigger it too.

the Wiki page for it has all the documentation and an example showing all the different behaviours so you can pick the right one http://edward.sophiehoulden.com/index.p ... =Animation

I like it when folks ask for a feature and I've already done it :woo:
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby Greeneyes » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks I should really look a bit harder! :oops:

If I wanted the animation to play once and not play again when touched (e.g. so that birds don't fly out of the tree every time I walk past it) should I just add the stop() command thingy on the last frame. Or will it need some voodoo actionscript? Or does it already do this and I havn't read things properly again!?! :ARGH:
Greeneyes
Player

Postby SophieH » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Greeneyes wrote:Thanks I should really look a bit harder! :oops:

If I wanted the animation to play once and not play again when touched (e.g. so that birds don't fly out of the tree every time I walk past it) should I just add the stop() command thingy on the last frame. Or will it need some voodoo actionscript? Or does it already do this and I havn't read things properly again!?! :ARGH:

if you set the type to 'B' (plays from frame 2 onwards then stops on last frame) and then set the Count to '1' it should just play the once :)
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby Greeneyes » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm

GirlFlash wrote:
Greeneyes wrote:Thanks I should really look a bit harder! :oops:

if you set the type to 'B' (plays from frame 2 onwards then stops on last frame) and then set the Count to '1' it should just play the once :)

Haha! Thanks! blimey, I'm clearly not with it this week, I probabley need to get more sleep.
Greeneyes
Player

Postby McZero » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:11 am

Is there a function when a moving fryer hits a certain point, it returns to it's spawning area and does it's animation? It's like a missile. Also can a fryer follow the player if it hits some sort of command?
McZero
Newcomer

Postby SophieH » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am

McZero wrote:Is there a function when a moving fryer hits a certain point, it returns to it's spawning area and does it's animation? It's like a missile.

nope, but you could have a series of missles that move in a loop, which move behind scenery back to their starting place, but this is only good if you have places to move the missles where the player wont collide accidently.

McZero wrote:Also can a fryer follow the player if it hits some sort of command?

nope, that's moving into AI territory, and I really cant be doing with that, at least not for the first version of Edward anyway, sorry. :oops:
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby armyboy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi!
Its too hard to make a double jump (un jump in the air)? or change abilities into the game like starting with a single jump and with a power up make it double jump (or just making the double jump from the beginning at least)
armyboy
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Edward Topics