Regarding Teleportation

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Regarding Teleportation

Postby Darin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm

While playing Nevermore 3, I noticed a reference to Sophie's game engine, and thought I'd give it a shot. I got the teleportation working without much effort, however, I was wondering if there was a way to teleport into a new frame relative to how I left an old frame. For example, if I jump from frame 5 to frame 6, I want my velocity to remain the same. So if i jump from the middle of frame 5 to frame 6, the jump should begin at the middle frame 5, and be continued at the middle of frame 6 and appear seamless to the end-user. It appears that the method of entry is persisted, but the point of entry is not. (if I jump, the jump is continued, but it starts at the wrong spot). Am I configuring my teleport block incorrectly?
Darin
Newcomer

Re: Regarding Teleportation

Postby Greeneyes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Nevermore 3 has an edited version of this engine. Therefore has several things that this one does not. But you can always request it in the request thread :D
Greeneyes
Player

Postby SophieH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:13 pm

yeah, Nevermore was built on a different platform engine and edward was a fresh start and doesent currently support relative position teleports, but I'm sure its a feature I can add, but I suspect its one that will break with non-fixed levels.
SophieH
Site Admin

Postby Darin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:31 pm

k, thanks. I just didn't want to keep looking around for something that isn't there. ^_^
Darin
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics