Question about UI

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Question about UI

Postby alexcookie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:30 pm

So I'm making a game, and it's going great, thanks to EDWARD, but I'm interested in having a UI (user interface) that shows when the player is in possession of a key, and the likes. Is there a way to do this easily, or will it require me to tweak some things? Thank! :flame:
alexcookie
Newcomer

Re: Question about UI

Postby SophieH » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:59 pm

It is actually a planned feature to have something like this by the first beta, but if you know enough actionscript to think you could implement it yourself, the inventory is stored in an array on the main timeline called 'keysOwned'
each key (though it could just as easily be an item) is stored as a string in this array.

Like I say it's a feature I plan to implement to some degree anyway, but I can't say when it will be done (I'm not a reliable dev sorry ^_^;) so if you want to do it yourself the 'keysOwned' array is where you want your code to look at for the inventory :)
SophieH
Site Admin

Re: Question about UI

Postby alexcookie » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Oh! I'm glad its something thats going to be added! I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure it out on my own, but I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure I can wait :D Thank you!
alexcookie
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics