Problems with music

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Problems with music

Postby Crono » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 am

I'm just having some troubles with adding music into my project. I've added it in fine, but once my character moves from one level to the next, the music keeps playing. I need the music to loop while in the level but stop and start the next track once I change level. Any help would be massively appreciated:)

Cheers.
Crono
Newcomer

Re: Problems with music

Postby Greeneyes » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Dunno how you've added the music but when I get round to adding music to my game I would probably make on object/movieclip with the music in its timeline. Then put that object in the level, and then for the next level make sure that object isn't present and add another object with that levels music on. Note I've never tried this, in fact I havn't tried adding music to any of my movies since I upgraded from mx to cs4, so It may be done in a completely differenet method and then my advice should be discarded. :shake:
Greeneyes
Player

Postby Crono » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 am

Yeah I had tried that method, it plays the music, though as soon as I move into the next level, it just continues over the top of the next levels music:( Thanks though!
Crono
Newcomer

Postby Greeneyes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Hmmmm... How about using the animation object http://edward.sophiehoulden.com/index.php?title=Animation (on contact plays the timeline), pick the one that stops playing after there is no longer contact, put the music in its timeline, on the next level remove and add a new animation thingy with the next music.
Greeneyes
Player

Postby Crono » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks mate! I put the music onto the action E animation and it works perfectly :bounce:
Crono
Newcomer

Postby Greeneyes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 pm

No problem, glad I could help!
Greeneyes
Player

Return to Edward Topics