Cant advance past Intitialization

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Cant advance past Intitialization

Postby Scotth » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Edward Forum,

This forum has been very helpful, but its time I posted, because I am stuck.
I am done with my game (ha ha) and I am trying to post it on a site through dreamweaver.
My swf file plays fine in flash and on flash player, but once its in dreamweaver, it cant get past my initialization page.
I have not messed with the code. Debug is off, but I have made my screen side larger. What did I do that prevents play through?
Edward example play fine on m test page, but I want to avoid copying all my pages into a new file and resize and rebuild everything. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance,

-Scott
Scotth
Newcomer

* Update** Cant advance past Intitialization

Postby Scotth » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I have been comparing versions that work, versus versions that won't advance past initialization, and it seems like my intro fade animation after the start page interferes somehow with the initialization frame. When I completely remove the animation, with stop and starts in them, my game plays through initialization. I wonder if these stop and starts are screwing it up. Are they meant only to be used in game frames? How do I place my intro animation, which is a simple fade.
Scotth
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics