thanks and duck

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

thanks and duck

Postby bwright » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I tried searching for this and dildn't find anything. How do I add animations to the character? Specifically duck and crawl movement types. I'm not profecient in as3 so I may just have to do without:)

Also I wanted to know if credit is given can games made with this engine be uploaded to sites like Newgrounds?

And last but not least...Thank you for putting this out there. As an animator who has no patience for coding this is exactly what I needed to actually make a working game!
bwright
Newcomer

Re: thanks and duck

Postby bwright » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:37 am

Wow. I can't believe this forum is kinda dead. The engine is awesome for an animator trying to make a game without having to learn AS3. I'm still playing with it, but it is easy and flexible enough to do some cool stuff.

I ran into Nevermore so I'm assuming my Newgrounds question is answered, but if anyone with the knowledge happens to see this, I would still love to know how to make the character duck and crawl.

Also a new question popped up. How can I change the collision box to fit the different poses of the character? For example in my animations the climb poses are more compact than the run poses, but if I try to add a key under the main character movieclip to resize the box I get an error.

Even if this forum is dead,, I'll post a demo level once I get my animation mostly done. :)
bwright
Newcomer

Postby tiberian88 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 am

not sure about ur Q bt this forum is dead :( i need my question answered too...
tiberian88
Newcomer

Postby bwright » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 am

Yeah. It does seem pretty dead. That sucks because this engine is pretty cool.
bwright
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics