artwork

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

artwork

Postby tiberian88 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 am

i saw in an earlier version 3.0 that yourve somehow made the platforms etc invisible somehow by the code. i see visible = false; in the code

just wondering how do you parent the artwork to the collisions or woteva thanks :)
tiberian88
Newcomer

Re: artwork

Postby bwright » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:00 am

To do that just add a layer in the level movie clip, and draw over the platforms. You can make backgrounds by putting this layer below the "Player" layer and foregrounds by putting a layer above it. Then go to the initialization frame on the main timeline and set "debug mode" to "n" with the text tool. This turns the visibility of the collision boxes and level parts off.

You could also make a new layer in the individual parts (inside the "moving platform", or "enemy" parts) if they need to follow the moving parts, but you'll have to duplicate the layer and redraw the art on the duplicate if you have different types of enemies and moving plats.

Hope that helps. I don't know if anyone else is around to help, but I'll probably keep checking it out for a while. I can't add to the framework of the engine, but I think I've figured most of it out.
bwright
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics