Animation Triggers

All talk relating to Edward, the Flash platform game engine. (Forum is now locked)

Animation Triggers

Postby Veins » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

Hello!

I'm new here. No words can describe how exited I am about Edward!
I started making a game and everything is great so far but I'm seriously stuck in an issue, so I need help:

I want to use the Animation triggers as part of the game play. When the character touches a trigger theoretically many things may happen:
can be used to show up secret keys, reveal side entrances, even make multiple triggers, each trigger, triggering a new one (making a character have many dialogues, not repeating the same over and over)!

My problem is that when I insert objects like platforms or coins in the trigger Animation, warnings appear on screen
such as

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties. at Julia012_fla::Timeline_65/Julia012_fla::frame1()

(Julia012_fla is the filename)and when I play the game, the character has no interaction with the platforms or any other object I have in the trigger Animation.

Is there something I do wrong? I'm stuck and I can't wait to go back and continue my game!

Thanks in advance,
Victor
Veins
Newcomer

Return to Edward Topics