Projectiles & Baddies - Implimented (!tested)

Making a game with Edward? make a Work In Progress thread here to show it off, and maybe even get some of that feedback thing! (forum is now locked)

Falling Platforms

Postby MakotoNinja » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:49 am

Well I have just implemented falling or break away platforms. There are two types, one disappears forever and the other will return to its original position if the hero dies and is re-spawned. I think I am done with all the items I need for my project save a more intelligent enemy type.
Link to the game
MakotoNinja
Player

Re: Projectiles & Baddies - Implimented (!tested)

Postby austino » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Any chance you could implement an enemy that you could jump on top of?
austino
Player

Postby MakotoNinja » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:46 pm

austino wrote:Any chance you could implement an enemy that you could jump on top of?

did a quick test. its kind of a dirty hack, but it works for the most part.
Hop n Bop
Source Code
I commented the code fairly well so you should see how I did it. I also gave the Baddie a horrible re-spawning ability so you can test variations without having to refresh every time.
MakotoNinja
Player

Postby austino » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:13 am

This is great stuff. I really hope you can get it all implemented in the next release(hint,hint) :mrgreen:
austino
Player

Postby DarkNemo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Makoto, you made my dream come true.
Well, I'll use your baddy to replace mine T___T
It's really hard to be bad at programming.
DarkNemo
Player

Add Smarter (more dangerous) AI

Postby MakotoNinja » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 am

Aloha all,
I just added a new Enemy AI (I call it threat level 2) and this enemy will stop marching when the hero comes into proximity and fire a projectile at the hero. The hero has the option of avoiding the enemy projectile or countering the enemy projectile with his own (now that's ninja!).
Game Link
MakotoNinja
Player

Postby togden » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:40 am

Hey, very cool! :itsalive:

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but in that demo all the weapons had an infinite supply, rather than running out.

Also, since you seem to be some super AS guru, do you happen to have any thoughts on music fade in/fade out capabilities? I'm willing to muck around in the code a bit (I'm pretty much a noob though) if you would even just be so kind as to point me in the right direction :) :bounce:
togden
Player

Postby MakotoNinja » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:39 pm

togden wrote:Hey, very cool! :itsalive:

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but in that demo all the weapons had an infinite supply, rather than running out.

Also, since you seem to be some super AS guru, do you happen to have any thoughts on music fade in/fade out capabilities? I'm willing to muck around in the code a bit (I'm pretty much a noob though) if you would even just be so kind as to point me in the right direction :) :bounce:

"Guru", ha! Thanks for the compliment, but I view myself as an artist armed with just enough scripting knowledge that gives me a virtual machete to which I can hack away at a proper programmer's code. Case in point, the weapons were not supposed to have an infinite supply. :oops:
At any rate, I haven't even begun on tackling the audio portion of things like sound effects and music which I should probably start thinking about soon. What exactly were you thinking?
MakotoNinja
Player

Postby togden » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:39 am

MakotoNinja wrote:At any rate, I haven't even begun on tackling the audio portion of things like sound effects and music which I should probably start thinking about soon. What exactly were you thinking?

I'm imagining a symbol that fades out the music when touched, and one that fades in the music when touched. There's probably more features that would come in handy, but that's all I need for my current project :)
togden
Player

Music Fade Symbol

Postby MakotoNinja » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:02 am

I don't know how you have your background music setup, but this new symbol relies on the having the sound object inside the level clip. I had to add a loop to engine so you will need to add this to yours as well. In the source I have posted here it's at around line 800 and contains the following:
Code: Select all
//## Music Fader
   for(i in mcLevel.musicFadeArray){
      if(mcLevel.mcPlayer.collisionBox.hitTestObject(mcLevel.musicFadeArray[i])){
         mcLevel.musicFadeArray[i].fade();
         break;
      }
   }

/*Edit*/ Forgot to mention an additional array definition in the level clip as well.
Demo
Source
MakotoNinja
Player

PreviousNext

Return to Edward WIPs